With Valorant’s Patch 2.03 is on the way, Riot Games revealed the patch notes. In this patch, Stinger and Reyna face some nerfs, and the prices of Frenzy and Marshall change. Valorant’s newest mode, Escalation, goes live as soon as the patch comes out.
Reyna is one of the most powerful duelists in the game currently. Even though she’s not as popular in the competitive scene as in SoloQ, Reyna turns into a deadly weapon in the right hands.
- Maximum Devour (Q) and Dismiss (E) charges reduced from four to two
- Slain enemies that Reyna has damaged in the last three seconds now drop Soul Orbs, even if Reyna does not land the killing shot
- Cost of Devour and Dismiss charges increased from 100 to 200
Although Yoru caused so much hype and discussions, his popularity went to black after the release quickly. Players found out that Yoru isn’t as powerful as they thought, and he isn’t among the best options in the game. Riot makes first improvements in the way to make Yoru more useful.
- Gatecrash (E) now displays the rage at which the tether can be seen by enemies while moving on the minimap
- The range that enemies are able to hear the audio of a Gatecrash teleport is now displayed on the minimap
- While in Dimensional Drift (X), Yoru’s minimap is now visible
- Enemies within Yoru’s vision range, while in Dimensional Drift, are now revealed to ally minimaps
- Dimensional Drift can no longer body block enemies
- The audio of the Incendiary’s (Q) lingering fire zone will be easier to hear when other actions and sounds occur nearby
- The audio of the Hot Hands(E) lingering fire zone will be easier to hear when other actions and sounds occur nearby
Nerfs for Stinger and Frenzy have been asked for a long time by most of the game’s community. Despite being cheap, those weapons are too strong compared to other similar weapons. They’re facing some weakinings.
- Movement speed when zoomed is now at 90% of unzoomed movement speed
- Price decrease from 1100 to 1000
- Zoom magnification increased from 2.5x to 3.5x
- Price increased from from 1000 to 1100
- Full auto fire rate reduced from from 18 to 16
- Full auto fire now reaches max spread at bullet four, instead of bullet six
- Adjusted pitch recoil curve for full auto, recoil climbs more aggressively past the third bullet
- Decreased yaw switch bullet protection at full auto count from four to three on full auto
Stinger’s Burst Fire
- Adjusted pitch recoil to be more aggressive after the first burst
- Added more error on bursts after the first one
- Improved recovery time on burst mode from 0.45 to four
- Price increased from 400 to 500
Earlier this week, the developers unveiled changes for decreasing AFKs and toxic people in the game. If you stay AFK more than six rounds, you will be punished with eight rank points.
- AFK-ing in Competitive games for a prolonged period (currently defined as six or more rounds) will now result in a penalty of eight rank points.
- Act Rank Badges will now be based on your highest rank win, instead of your ninth best win.
Besides tons of changes, Riot fixed nearly fifteen bugs and brought updates on the death sequence with Patch 2.03. You can find more information here.