Here we are with the newest VALORANT patch notes. Due to the First Strike tournaments that have happened all around the world the last couple of weeks, Riot Games waited a little longer than usual to release a new patch. As you can see, they also skipped the 1.13 patch and focused on 1.14.
Patch 1.14 consists of a single agent adjustment and a bunch of changes in Icebox alongside a new mode. The patch also features a brand new Night.Market and brings updates on socials and game systems.
1. Agent Updates
It’s been a while since we last saw Sage in the patch notes, and all of them were nerfs. But this time, Riot showed some love for our precious support.
- Once fortified, Barrier no longer loses health over time. Barrier only starts to deteriorate a few seconds before it expires.
- Barrier Orb can’t be placed during the Buy Phase.
2. Map Updates
Icebox has received many updates this patch, especially on its A site. We’ll see if these changes will be able to stop the negative criticisms about VALORANT’s newest map.
- Reduced the height of the A belt area and connected it via a ramp to the platform below
- Added a see-through gate here that can’t be passed from the ground level.
- Sloped the wall and replaced the double stack of Radianite crates in the site with a smaller object.
- Reduced the height of the yellow container.
3. Mode Updates
Good news for Snowball lovers! Riot has brought a new Snowball Fight mode that will be available between the 15th-29th of December. The new deathmatch-like mode will be 5v5, and the first team that gets fifty kills wins.
4. Store Updates
We’ll have a new feature called Night.Market in the store. In this market, each player will get six chances to receive a random Select, Deluxe, or Premium weapon skin at a discount. The new system will be available on December 10th.
You can find more information about patch 1.14 here.