Another Tuesday, another patch for Valorant. Riot Games has unveiled patch notes 2.02, and it brings huge changes on gun play of the game. Also, Diamond 3 players will be able to queue up as Solo/Duo only after this update.
Valorant Patch Notes 2.02
The community’s long-awaited nerfs on running accuracy will finally come to life. “We’ve significantly increased the amount of error that all Rifles get when moving and shooting to help combat the sensation of running kills with rifles. These changes will make kills while moving with rifles more rare, especially at longer ranges— but still possible up close. We’ll be monitoring this closely and will continue to fine tune as necessary,” Riot said.
- Running Error across rifles increased: 3.75 → 5.0
- Walking Error across rifles increased: .8 → 1.1
- Crouch-moving Error across rifles increased: .3 → .8
In the latest patch note, Riot gave some insights about the changes that will be made in competitive mode during Episode 2, and it continues to find the balance with 2.02 as well.
- Increased the effectiveness or Rank Rating convergence: players will now converge to their match making rating (MMR) faster, requiring fewer games to prove their rank.
- Players Iron through Diamond who perform exceptionally well in a match (weighed against their own average performance) will gain bonus Rank Rating. “We want to reward players that pop off in a match, performing above expectations,” Riot said. This innovation also will be made within the combat against smurfs account.
- Changed Diamond 3 to a premade size capped at 2 players.
“We want to maintain the prestige of Immortal-plus, and believe we need a small buffer to ensure players are proving their skill before getting into Immortal. This will prevent five-stacking just before Immortal, and prepare Diamond 3 players for what they are about to get into. Diamond 3 will essentially become the final proving grounds for Immortal-plus.”
- Added a rate limiter to the in-game weapon store to keep players from spamming purchases in quick succession, which caused a potential performance issue.
- Fixed a bug where players could silently plant the spike.
- Fixed issues where players couldn’t move after exiting a Sova drone or a Cypher camera.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t leave Cypher’s camera view or couldn’t move their mouse.
- Fixed an issue where picking up weapons stacked on top of each other resulted in attempts to pick up both.
- Fixed a bug where the Chat Box would remain open in-game
- Fixed a bug where enemy messages would still appear in Deathmatch while the Mute All Enemies setting was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the queue restriction penalty did not always scale properly for players who queue dodged repeatedly.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the promotion screen to show for a shorter amount of time than intended.
- Fixed a bug that was showing the wrong Immortal icon in some places.
- Fixed various localization issues that made it hard to read text in the end of game screen lobby and match history for some languages.
- Fixed issue where various abilities did not work inside Brimstone and Jett’s smoke, even when they were visible to their target.
- Fixed issue with Omen’s Shrouded Step targeting that caused it to get stuck on corners at a much greater distance.
- Fixed issue where throwing Yoru’s Fakeout through a teleporter caused another projectile thrown afterward to play the Agent audio instead of the object audio.
- Fixed Skye’s Seeker’s not being able to find enemies on the zipline platform on B-site of Split.
- Fixed Yoru getting stuck in various spots on maps when using Gatecrash.
- Fixed Sova not playing a proper walk animation right after his Owl Drone ends.
- Fixed issue where Omen could swap equipables right after selecting a map location for From the Shadows.
- Fixed issue where Omen’s camera could become detached when using Dark Cover in poor networking conditions.
- Fixed issue where the Spike could be planted on Sage’s wall on the sites on Icebox.
- Reduced brightness on initial visuals when blinded from flashes.