While Riot Games has already mentioned some upcoming changes with Episode 2, the official patch notes have been just published. The Patch 2.0 activated at the start of the next episode, which began around 6 am PST on January 12.
The first alteration of Patch 2.0 is Yoru. The 14th agent of VALORANT will take his place in the roster when the patch begins. You can check all of his abilities from here.
This update focuses more on Controllers, which are Omen and Brimstone. Among these two, Omen was the viable option both in competitive games and ranked mode, but it’s likely going to change.
- Stim Beacon – Will now quick cast (no equip time)
- Molotov – Cost Reduces: $300 → $200
- Sky Smokes – Cast Range Increased: 4200 → 5000, Smoke Duration increased: 14.25 → 19.25
- Sound: Brimstone no longer makes a sound that enemies can hear when confirming the location of his smokes.
- Paranoia: Cost Increased: $200 → $400
- Dark Cover: Projectile Speed Decreased: 4000 → 2800
Although there isn’t an alteration for Viper, Riot said, “We still believe she is underperforming as a whole and we’re looking at changes for her in the new year.”
Nearly everyone agreed that the Classic was more powerful than it should be, especially since it’s able to deal absurd damages with the Alt.Fire. In this patch, the weapon faced serious nerfs.
- Jumping Error Increased: .4 → 1.0
- Increased Input Queue on Right-Click: 0.065 → .225
- Firing consecutively now jumps in error, starting at 1.9 for the first burst, 2.5 for the second, and then 6.0 for the third/fourth
- Right-click now has a recovery curve starting at .1s
As the developers revealed earlier this week, the competitive mode of VALORANT changed slightly. The Patch 2.0 introduced a progress bar and numerical tracking progress instead of “arrows” in ranked mode.
- New Competitive Regional Leaderboards (January 12)
- Rank system updated, including rank progress bar, numerical progress, and further distribution changes to make it easier to climb out of the lower ranks.
- Immortal and Radiant ranks are now capped at a premade size of two.
- New ranked rewards for Episode 1 (pair of Gun Buddies based on your highest Act Rank achieved during Episode 1)
The new update also features a bunch of bug fixes. You can see all repaired bugs in Riot’s statement.
Episode 2’s first patch is just deployed in North America.